Saturday, November 19, 2011

Reading Frederick Buechner

Recently it seems things have been falling apart. Looking for comforting reading, I started Frederick Buechner's SECRETS IN THE DARK, a collection of this Presbyterian minister's sermons from 1959 to 1998.

The first of his books I read was his fictionalized account of the life of St. Godric, simply called GODRIC. Who could resist a book that started "Five friends I had, and two of them were snakes."

Later I read his THE SACRED JOURNEY, the first part of his memoir.

I recommend Frederick Buechner's books and hope that I will be able to read more of them in the future.

"Thus, when you wake up in the morning, called by God to be a self again, if you want to know who you are, watch your feet. Because where your feet take you, that is who you are.” 
― Frederick Buechner, The Alphabet of Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment