Wednesday, March 7, 2012

When Easter Bunnies Go Bad

I was strolling through my local Big Lots* store recently when I happened to look up and found myself being glared at by shelves of monster bunnies. They had been priced at 25 cents each for quick sale for some reason. I bought three of them.

I call this rogue's gallery "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" although, if you look closely you can see that even the "Good" bunny is a little cracked.

What happened to these pitiful creatures? Truck refrigeration unit failed?  Someone thinking "Heck, it is February, we don't need refrigeration." not realizing they were in Southern California.  I'll never know.

I like to imagine that perhaps these were Nazi Bunnies Who Saw Something They Were Not Meant To See a la that horrific scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

Not wanting to put them in a basket on Easter morning for fear they might terrify small children, I guess I will have to eat them. They may be ugly, but I bet they have good personalities.

-------------------

*Big Lots may also be known to you as "Mac Frugal's Bargains" or "Pic 'n' Save".

No comments:

Post a Comment